Mr. Scott M. Hill
• Pittsburg State University, B.B.A., 2000, magna cum laude
• Washburn University, M.B.A., 2003
• Washburn Law School, J.D., 2003, with honors
• Wichita Bar Association, Member: 2003-present; Young Lawyer’s President 2006-2007; Technology Committee Chair 2008-2011; Bar-O-Meter Committee 2010-Present; Business Law Committee 2014-Present; Real Estate Committee 2014-Present; Technology Committee 2006-2015; Bankruptcy Committee 2014-Present
• Kansas Bar Association, Member: 2003-present; Young Lawyer’s President 2008-2009
• American Bar Association, Member: 2003-present; Young Lawyer’s Division District Representative, Kansas and Missouri 2009-2011
• Kansas Bar Foundation, Board Member: 2013-present; Executive Committee Member: 2015-2016
• Information Network of Kansas Inc., Board of Directors 2014-Present
• Pittsburg State University, Sedgwick County Champion 2011-Present
• Leukemia and Lymphoma Society (LLS), Board Member 2006-2011
• Coach for LLS Team in Training Program, 2006-2014
|Scott is a partner at Hite, Fanning & Honeyman, L.L.P. He concentrates his practice in:
• Business transactions
• Business litigation
He also has extensive experience in the areas of construction, corporate law, real property, probate, estate planning, civil litigation, and insurance defense.
Scott is admitted to practice in Kansas state and federal courts and the U.S. Court of Appeals, 10th Circuit. He has been selected for inclusion in Missouri & Kansas Super Lawyers® - Rising Stars Edition, 2009-2016.
In his banking practice, Scott represents clients in multi-million dollar transactions involving:
• Construction contracts
• Real estate purchase matters
• Business acquisitions
• Multi-million dollar claim litigation.
He provides practical advice on general banking and regulatory matters, collections, foreclosures and bankruptcies.
Scott represents small and medium-sized businesses in their transactions involving:
• Real estate
His clients include construction companies and private companies. Scott's ability to efficiently and effectively focus on his clients’ business decisions makes him a valuable resource in determining the course of action to pursue in their transactional matters.
In his litigation practice, Scott has represented clients in a wide range of matters related to construction defects, foreclosures, and loan defaults. He also has significant experience representing creditors in Chapter 7, 11 and 13 bankruptcy matters, and Chapter 7 bankruptcy trustees.
A member of the Wichita, Kansas and American Bar associations, Scott has served as the Young Lawyer’s President of both the Wichita and Kansas Bar associations, and the Kansas and Missouri Young Lawyer’s Division District Representative to the American Bar Association. He served as the Wichita Bar Association’s Technology Committee Chair and has spoken at Continuing Legal Education events about technology as it applies to the legal industry. In 2008, he was named an “Outstanding Young Lawyer” by the Kansas Bar Association. Scott joined Hite, Fanning & Honeyman, L.L.P. in 2003.
Scott is an avid runner, having completed more than 100 marathon or longer running events, including eight 100-mile ultramarathon single day runs.