Mr. William E. Quick
|Through his business-oriented practice, Bill Quick represents for-profit public and private business entities and nonprofit entities and associations. Handling a broad array of corporate legal needs, Bill counsels clients on a range of issues, including:
• Corporate portfolio management
• Corporate governance
• Asset and equity purchases
• Sales, mergers and acquisitions
• Securities law compliance
• Strategic alliances
• Joint ventures
• General business and commercial law Bill has served as corporate, finance, and transactional counsel for national and regional real estate investors and developers in regard to the acquisition, divestiture, financing, refinancing, control, management, and operation of their substantial commercial real estate development and investment portfolios.
Bill co-produced and wrote “The Directors’ Dilemmas,” a feature film illustrating corporate governance issues and best practices through a corporate drama format. He also co-produced and developed the program for The Directors College, an ISS accredited program for corporate directors and senior management.
• "40 Under Forty" recognition by Ingram's Magazine for business leaders under the age of 40 in the Kansas City region
• Honored as an Up and Coming Lawyer by Missouri Lawyers Weekly, 2009
• Selected for inclusion in Missouri & Kansas Super Lawyers as a Rising Star, 2008, 2010
• AV Preeminent™ Rated Martindale-Hubbell
Real Estate and Investment Finance
• Representation of a national real estate developer in creating joint ventures and other
vehicles for investments with investment funds, hedge funds, investment banks, commercial banks, domestic and foreign institutional investors, sovereign wealth funds, and domestic and foreign high net worth individuals and families to acquire, develop, finance and refinance condominium, hotel, retail, office, mixed-use and parking projects in New York, Dallas, Chicago, Boston, Miami, and other major cities throughout the United States and Canada.
• Serve as lead counsel to a national real estate developer in creating joint ventures and other vehicles for investments with domestic and foreign investment banks, commercial banks, pension funds, institutional investors, sovereign wealth funds, domestic and foreign retailer corporations, domestic and foreign REITs, and high net worth individuals and families to acquire, develop, finance and refinance hotel, retail, office, apartment, mixed-use, service industry, restaurant concept and lifestyle center projects throughout the central, west, south and southwest United States.
• Served as lead corporate counsel to a regional real estate developer in creating joint
ventures and other vehicles for investments with investment banks, commercial banks,
investment funds, tenant partners, and high net worth individuals and families to acquire, develop, finance, and refinance retail, office, industrial, medical, multi-family, and mixed-use projects in Kansas City, St. Louis, Atlanta, Dallas and surrounding regions.
• Representation of real estate investment fund managers and investors, including funds investing in distressed assets.
• Serve as lead counsel in managing the corporate portfolios of companies and parent/holding companies for business enterprises with significant national and regional operations.
• Representation of numerous international life sciences companies in managing their United States operational, corporate governance, and strategic acquisitions and business partnering matters, including those in the DNA testing, veterinary, blood and plasma, cell culture reagents, and animal health and nutrition industries.
• Representation of a substantial biomedical research organization in managing its operational and corporate governance matters.