2018 Mock Trial Rules
- Each team must have at least six students.*
- Each team must either designate a member of the team to keep time or designate an additional student to keep time as a designated time keeper.
- Each team must provide its own transportation to and from the competition sites for state and regional tournaments. In 2018, all costs (including travel) for national competition is the responsibility of the team attending.
- Each team must obtain the support of the principal or school administrator for entry into the project.
- Each team must assume responsibility for clearing tournament dates with the principal or school administrator and for placing the dates on the school calendar.
- Each team must submit all questions regarding the mock trial problem and the competition in writing to the competition coordinator, Anne Woods.
- The decisions of the competition coordinator are final.
*If your school does not have six interested students, you may be allowed to coordinate with another school to create a team. If you are interested in creating a combined team with another school, please contact us here .
Rules of Competition
The Kansas state and regional tournaments is governed by the Kansas High School Rules of Competition. The KBA YLS and the Mock Trial Committee of the YLS administer the program and enforce these Rules of Competition.
Rules of Evidence
The Kansas state and regional tournaments use the National High School Championship Rules of Evidence.
View Rules of Evidence
The Kansas Rules of Competition govern timekeeping procedures at both the Kansas State and Regional competitions. If asked to resolve timekeeping disputes or questions, the Mock Trial Committee may, in its discretion, refer to the Timekeeping procedures within the National Mock Trial rules
National Competition Rules