ADVANCED REGISTRATION DISCOUNTS FOR MEMBERS THROUGH DECEMBER 6.
2019 KTLA Annual Meeting & CLE Seminar Flyer
Please note that registration for KTLA's Annual Meeting and CLE Seminar is limited. Any attorney primarily engaged in the defense of tort litigation or defense of workers compensation claims is not eligible to register.
To register by check and/or to sign up for multiple attorneys all together, or with any questions, please contact KTLA staff at email@example.com or (785) 232-7756.
The 2019 KTLA Annual Meeting CLE Seminar features local presenters speaking on topics relevant to members' practices. Seminar Chair Brad Prochaska, Wichita, lined up some of the top local attorney presenters, along with some premier trial attorneys from across the country, for this year's seminar, which will include 12.5 CLE credit hours (2 ethics) (pending).
The Seminar takes place all day Friday, December 13 and the morning of Saturday, December 4. Click here for the seminar flyer, which includes the presenters' bios.
- Paul Byrd | Little Rock, Arkansas | How to Talk to Conservative Jurors
- Grant L. Davis | Kansas City
- Thomas J. Dickerson | Kansas City| Causation & Damages in “Soft Tissue” Injury Cases
- Sean C. Domnick | Palm Beach Gardens, Florida | Expert Depositions
- Stanton A. Hazlett and Matthew J. Vogelsberg | Topeka| Ethics Theater
- Pedro L. Irigonegaray | Topeka| Religion In American Armed Forces: Legal Battles
- Richard W. James |Wichita| Fighting the Legislative Battle for Trial Lawyers
- Jerry R. Palmer | Topeka| Effective Advocacy in Mediation: The Mediator's Perspective
- Ryan A. Prochaska | Wichita| Proving Wentling Damages Post-Burnett
- Bradley J. Prochaska | Wichita| Trial Tips for a Personal Injury Case
- David J. Rebein | Dodge City| The Persuasive Trial Lawyer
- Kenneth M. Sigelman | San Diego, California | Maximizing Damages in Personal Injury Cases
- Susan Steinman | Washington DC | How to Make Progress in a Divided Congress
- Thomas M. Warner, Jr. | Wichita| Hilburn v. Enerpipe
KTLA is committed to providing quality continuing legal education to all who meet registration requirements. Attorneys for whom the Annual Meeting Registration fee poses a significant financial barrier may send written requests for scholarship consideration to firstname.lastname@example.org by no later than November 15. The written request should include the scholarship amount requested and the portion of the fee the registrant is willing to pay, as well as a brief explanation of the basis for the request.
KTLA members will have the opportunity to contribute to the scholarship fund through the online registration process.
Governance and Program Committee Meetings
The annual meeting for the Kansas Trial Lawyers Association will be Thursday, December 12 at the Kansas City Marriott Country Club Plaza. The annual meeting day will include the organization's board meeting, as well as program and section (auto litigation, medical malpractice, workers compensation, and others as sections' request) committee meetings at the call of the chairs. All KTLA members are encouraged to attend; only Board of Governors members may participate in official votes. Section meetings are open to Section members only.
Thursday, December 12
KTLA Board of Governors Meeting: 10 a.m.-Noon
Noon-1 p.m.: Lunch and CJ PAC Executive Committee Meeting
Women's Caucus Section Meeting: 1-2 p.m. (Click here to RSVP)
Legacy of Justice Foundation Board Meeting: 1-2 p.m.
Auto Litigation Section Meeting: 2-3:30 p.m.
Workers Compensation Meeting: 2:30-4 p.m.
Medical Malpractice Section Meeting: 3:30-5 p.m.
President's Reception: 5-7 p.m. on December 12 at the Kansas City Marriott Country Club Plaza
All KTLA members are encouraged to attend the President's Reception honoring 2019-20 KTLA President David R. Morantz, Kansas City
KTLA Executive Committee Dinner: 7 p.m. on December 12
KTLA Executive Committee members and their guests are invited to the hosted Executive Committee Dinner to honor their service to the association.
Eagles' Luncheon: Noon on December 13 at the Kansas City Marriott Country Club Plaza
KTLA Eagles members are invited to attend the complimentary Eagles' Luncheon to celebrate KTLA's premier members.
CJ PAC All In 2020 Reception: 5 p.m. on December 13 at the Kansas City Marriott Country Club Plaza
All seminar registrants are encouraged to attend.
Past Presidents' Breakfast: 7 a.m. on December 14 at the Kansas City Marriott Country Club Plaza
Past leaders of KTLA/KsAJ and their guests are invited to a private Past Presidents' Breakfast the final day of the seminar.
Co-Hosts and Exhibitors
Firms and individuals interested in sponsoring the 2019 KTLA Annual Meeting & CLE Seminar should contact Callie Denton at email@example.com or (785) 232-7756.