Approved for 1.0 hour of CLE credit, including 1.0 hour of Ethics & Professionalism in Kansas & Missouri.
This webinar is played live, and counts as live CLE credit in Kansas
The Kansas Bar Association is teaming up with CLESeminars to bring you Continuing Legal Education webinars presented by some of the country's best-known experts.
The KBA is the CLE provider for this webinar. Should you have any questions regarding the webinars please contact the KBA.
Ethics for Transactional Lawyers
Tuesday, August 20, 2019 - 12:00 pm to 01:00 pm
This program will explore ethical issues from a transactional lawyer's perspective. Using the ABA's Model Rules of Professional conduct as a guide, we'll consider sticky situations that often arise in the course of negotiating and drafting contracts, like these:
· what is required for "competent" representation?
· where does zealous representation cross into deception, and is deception ok?
· how one-sided should a contract be?
· what if the opposing party drafts a contract that contains materially incorrect assumptions about the law or facts, but the incorrect assumptions benefit your client?
· what if the opposing party is represented by counsel, but wants to discuss contract terms directly with you?
· if you represented the seller in a merger, is the acquiror entitled to access your privileged communications?
can you use the metadata in a contract drafted by opposing counsel?
· The following ABA Model Rules of Professional Conduct are discussed: 1.1; 1.2; 1.4; 4.1; 4.2; 4.4; and 5.3, and more.
Click here to register
Please note there will be no refunds for canceled or missed programs.
The cost of registration for webinar:
KBA member: $80