ONLINE REGISTRATION AVAILABLE
Click here for PDF registration.
Click here for Annual Meeting brochure.
Please note that registration for KTLA's Annual Meeting and CLE Seminar is limited. Any attorney primarily engaged in the defense of tort litigation or defense of workers compensation claims is not eligible to register.
Please contact KTLA staff at email@example.com or (785) 232-7756 with any questions.
Seminar Co-Chairs Lynn Johnson, Kansas City; and Brad Prochaska, Wichita, are lining up some of the top local and national trial attorney presenters for this year's seminar, which will include 12 CLE credit hours (pending).
The Seminar takes place all day Friday, December 7 and the morning of Saturday, December 8.
- Matthew E. Birch: Discovery in Today's Personal Injury Practice
- Bruce Braley: Don't Give Up...Don't Ever Give Up: Finding the Voice that Your Clients Deserve
- Randall E. Fisher: Ten Most Common Mistakes in Automobile Insurance Cases
- Stanton Hazlett and Penny Moylan: Ethics
- Richard W. James: Legislative Advocacy Affecting Plaintiffs' Practice
- Robert Lewis: Being in it to Win it: Taking Defendant Depositions
- Brian J. McKeen: Frontier Justice: Winning in Small Town America
- Scott E. Nutter: Wentling Damages After Burnette Decision
- Robert F. Spohrer: Machine Guarding Litigation: What's Old, What's New, and What's on the Horizon
- Susan Steinman: Federal Update: How What Happens in DC Affects Your Practice
- Bruce H. Stern: Litigating Brain Injuries
- Larry W. Wall: The Eight-Year Saga of a Medical Malpractice Lawsuit: Lessons Learned, Mistakes Made, Reforms Needed
KTLA is committed to providing quality continuing legal education to all who meet registration requirements. Attorneys for whom the Annual Meeting Registration fee poses a significant financial barrier may send written requests for scholarship consideration to firstname.lastname@example.org by no later than November 16. The written request should include the scholarship amount requested and the portion of the fee the registrant is willing to pay, as well as a brief explanation of the basis for the request.
KTLA members will have the opportunity to contribute to the scholarship fund through the online registration process.
Governance and Program Committee Meetings
KTLA Board of Governors Meeting: 11 a.m.-1 p.m. on December 6
KTLA Women's Caucus Meeting: 1 p.m. on December 6
All other meeting times: Times on December 6 TBA
The annual meeting for the Kansas Trial Lawyers Association will be Thursday, December 6 at the Kansas City Marriott Country Club Plaza. The annual meeting day will include the organization's board meeting, as well as program (education, legislative, membership, public affairs, and women's caucus) and section (auto litigation, medical malpractice, workers compensation, and others as sections' request) committee meetings at the call of the chairs. All KTLA members are encouraged to attend; only Board of Governors members may participate in official votes.
President's Reception: 5-7 p.m. on December 6 at the Kansas City Marriott Country Club Plaza
All KTLA members are encouraged to attend the President's Reception honoring 2018-19 KTLA President Thomas M. Warner Jr., Wichita.
KTLA Executive Committee Dinner: 7 p.m. on December 6 at Rye Plaza
KTLA Executive Committee members and their guests are invited to the hosted Executive Committee Dinner to honor their service to the association.
Eagles' Luncheon: Noon on December 7 at the Kansas City Marriott Country Club Plaza
KTLA Eagles members are invited to attend the complimentary Eagles' Luncheon to celebrate KTLA's premier members.
KTLA Awards Dinner: 6:30 p.m. on December 7 at Tom's Town Distillery
All members and guests are encouraged to purchase tickets to the KTLA's annual Awards Dinner to celebrate the achievements and contributions of the honorees who advance justice causes in Kansas. Dinner tickets include a cocktail hour and facility tour with tastings.
Past Presidents' Breakfast: 7 a.m. on December 8 at the Kansas City Marriott Country Club Plaza
Past leaders of KTLA/KsAJ and their guests are invited to a private Past Presidents' Breakfast the final day of the seminar.