Posted By Meg Wickham,
Thursday, April 9, 2020
| Comments (1)
Information regarding Administrative Order 2020-RL-033, issued April 8, 2020.
What you need to know!
Two Basic Things:
- You have until September 30, 2020 to complete your 12 CLE Credits (including 2 hours of Ethics).
- Any attorney who cannot meet the June 30 deadline will be granted an automatic extension.
- You can now complete all 12 CLE Credits via pre-recorded, “on demand” programs. These must still be programs that have been accredited and approved in Kansas for CLE credit.
Additional questions you may have…
- Will the next reporting period be extended?
- Not with this order. Attorneys will still be required to comply with the 2020-2021 reporting year by June 30, 2021. If you do not complete your 2019-2020 hours until September 30, 2020, this would give you less time to earn your 2020-2021 credits.
- Should I wait for in-person programming closer to the deadline?
- Our opinion? No! Given the unpredictability of the COVID-19 virus and when restrictions from the CDC and local/federal governments will be in place, delaying your credits would be a risky gamble. It is certainly possible that no in-person CLE programs will be possible through the summer months. If you are able, try to complete your requirements by the set date of June 30, 2020. This way, any credits you earn after that will count toward the next compliance year, but you won’t have to worry about meeting this year’s deadline.
- Where can I access pre-recorded, on-demand CLEs?
- Please see our website for on-demand CLEs. We currently offer 2 hours of Ethics credit on demand, but will be expanding our on-demand offerings very soon!
- I’ve found some pre-recorded programs online from another website. Should I start taking those?
- It depends. Buyer beware! Please ensure that any provider offering you “on demand” CLE credits has received accreditation in Kansas for those CLE hours before registering. We ensure that all KBA CLE programs, including our On-Demand programs, are approved for CLE Credit in Kansas.
- I’m new to taking CLEs online … what should I know?
- The KBA offers a wide variety of online CLE webinars that are engaging and LIVE! All you need is a computer with an up-to-date web browser and access to a decent speed internet. For many of our webinars, you can even ask questions of the live presenters! Go to www.ksbar.org/cle for an updated list of our CLE offerings for this compliance period, with more to come!
We are here to support you! Please feel free to reach out with any of your CLE questions or needs.
Director, Continuing Legal Education
CLE Program Planner
Author: Meg Wickham
Posted By Administration,
Monday, March 23, 2020
Updated: Thursday, April 9, 2020
| Comments (0)
This week the KBA executive committee voted to postpone all live meetings and events until further notice, including the Annual Meeting in Wichita, due to the COVID-19 pandemic. Plans for rescheduling these events are pending. The postponed events include:
- All live CLE programs (Watch for expanded webinar offerings to help you meet your annual CLE requirement.)
- KBA Inaugural Leadership Institute
- Court Appreciation Dinner
- The Kansas Bar Foundation has cancelled its Scholarship Reception.
- The KBA YLS Mock Trial state competition has been cancelled.
- KBA Annual Meeting set for June in Wichita, including all events associated with the proceedings