Approved for 1.0 non-traditional CLE hour in Kansas and Missouri
Funeral Planning As Part of Estate Planning
Funeral Goods and services can be a significant drain on an estate. The personal interests and wishes or families and clients need to represented in this venerable time to procure goods and services at reasonable rates. This seminar will cover the basics of informed advocacy in negotiating appropriate and reasonable funeral planning expenses to aid in estate planning for the client.
Attendees will learn:
· what questions to ask clients to determine their preferred funeral preferences
· the issues surrounding cemetery plots
· how to navigate the veteran burial benefits
· who has the legal authority to make funeral plans and decisions
· the benefits and pitfall of pre-planning vs. pre-paying for funeral services
· processes for a death that happens outside the country, on vacation or on a business trip
Brian O'Laughlin, Funeral Advocates, Prairie Village, KS
Brian O’Laughlin was born, raised and educated, all in the Kansas City Area. He attended Rockhurst High School, Rockhurst College (now University) and even worked at the University for four years after graduation.
He is a registered representative and has his series 6, series 7, and 63 licenses as well as his insurance license. In 2000, he was awarded the Missouri State “Man of the Year” from the National Association of Insurance and Financial Advisors.
Brian, has successfully educated, guided and coached hundreds of families through the funeral planning process. His emphasis is on providing Stress Reduction, Emotional Burden Relief and Significant Cost Reduction in the funeral planning process. Brian is NOT a funeral Director but works with the funeral homes while advocating for his clients. Brian O’Laughlin and the Funeral Advocates team have been providing informed/funeral advocacy services to clients since 1999.
KBA Member: $80