Regular 2009 or prior:
Government 2009 or prior:
Inactive with Court:
Fall New Admittee:
Spring New Admittee:
*special restrictions apply
The KBA membership year is January 1 through December 31.
Special pricing available July 1 through October.
Regular membership is available to any person of good moral character in good standing as a member of the bar of a state, territory, or possession of the United States. Regular membership dues are based on year of admission in Kansas.
Government employees must be a full-time city, county, state, Indian nation, or federal employee.
Paralegals/legal assistants may join the KBA as a Paralegal/Legal Assistant members. They enjoy all the benefits as full association members, except for the right to vote and to hold association office. They may participate in KBA Annual Meetings, Sections, and Committees, but as non-voting members. Paralegals/legal assistants members receive a subscription to the Journal of the Kansas Bar Association, and can purchase handbooks, seminar papers, and video and audio tapes at a discount. In addition, they can attend CLE seminars at KBA member prices -- a substantial savings.
Qualification Standards for Paralegals/Legal Assistants Members:
- Standard I: Completion of an educational program for legal assistants which has been approved by the American Bar Association, or offered by an accredited institution which is in substantial compliance with ABA guidelines for the approval of legal assistant programs.
- Standard II: Completion of a certifying examination especially designed for legal assistants.
- Standard III: Completion of either of the following:
- A baccalaureate degree and not less than one year of in-house training as a legal assistant; or
- A minimum of five years of law-related experience under the supervision of an attorney, including at least one year of in-house training as a legal assistant.
Kansas law students are eligible to join the KBA as Student members. They enjoy all the benefits associated with regular KBA membership, except the right to vote in association elections or hold association office. Students may participate in KBA Annual Meetings, Sections, Committees, and CLE seminars. In addition, they receive a subscription to the Journal of the Kansas Bar Association and can purchase practice handbooks, seminar papers, video and audio tapes at a discount.
Inactive membership is available to lawyers whose Kansas license is inactive with the Kansas Supreme Court. Members who select inactive status receive full benefits except the right to vote in association elections or hold association office.
Complimentary membership is granted to attorneys who have been association members for 50 years. Contact the KBA at (785) 234-5696 or complete this form for more information.